Now that all of the cookies have been baked, delivered and received, it's time to
A) Post the recipe of the cookies I sent out
B) Show you all of the delicious goodies I received.
My husband told me to make snickerdoodles for the cookie swap, because they're his favorite and he wanted to eat the extras. And, as I thought about it, it made perfect sense. What cookie exemplefies the holidays? All of those warm spices make snickerdoodles the perfect choice.
Adapted from this delicious recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Essence
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar with an electric mixer until well-combined.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and essence and whip until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with remaining 3 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough (I use this scoop in "mini" for uniformity) and roll balls in cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Place balls 1 inch apart on chilled ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating once halfway through baking.
- Remove from pan immediately and place on racks to cool completely
I know for certain that all 3 recipients received a dozen of these cookies, and I hope they enjoyed them.
During this year's swap, I got all kinds of delicious and awesome things.
(Clockwise from the top: Chocolate Orange Crackles from Christine at Chew Nibble Nosh, Coconut Chocolate Chippies from Kathleen at The Daily Crumb and Truffle Chocolate Espresso Cookies from Suki at Super Duper Fantastic)
I'm absolutely blown away by not only the delciousness of the cookies, but also the creativity and thoughtfulness of the packaging.
I feel like kind of a slacker, but next year I'm going to be so much more on point. I promise.
Can't wait till then :)